Drag'nDrop problems

Mar 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM

When one drags and drops a page or a group of pages one over another to change their nesting levels, the values in the "Level" field in the "Tabs" table is incorrect. 

Because of this, even though the module apparently displays the correct order, the portal menu does not get displayed correctly.  Many pages won't show up where expected on the menu because their database values are incorrect.

This problem does not affect the DNN Nav menu (it's possible that its ordering criteria isn't affected by the numeric value of the "Level" field).  But it does affect third party menu modules, such as the DNN360 Navigation Suite.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:40 AM

I had this same exact problem. The Level value was incorrectly set, which broke our menu. Other than this... great module!

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Yes, I know about this problem. Trouble is that the logic for moving pages to another level really is a bit of a hack at the moment due to a missing API method in the core for doing this. I'll look at how the module behaves and what might have changed in DNN 5.6.2 later today.

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I guess this should be fixed now. See next release.